Thursday, May 8, 2008

I'm Terrible, I Know

I haven't updated in a while - mainly because life's been busy, I committed myself to a metric ton of work on my movie blog and Cat & Jen usually do a much better job than me of holding down the blogging fort so to speak.

We beat San Jose. Whoooo, that 4 OT game was exhausting but exhilarating, wasn't it?

Then the aftermath came. We found out Roenick wasn't going to retire (...sigh), we were reminded of what a jerkface Ron Wilson is and we discovered that yes, the Stars were on a roll.

And then tonight hit in Detroit and I just felt like all the air got sucked out of me.

Did the Stars need the win? Yeah, I think a good solid win in Joe Louis would've helped them out a lot, but I don't think it's something where they can't come back from it. The main problem is controlling the puck. Detroit does that very well and there were so many flubs on turnovers and attempting to regain the puck that I stopped counting.

Am I positive for the rest of the series? Yes - especially considering what the Stars have battled back from previously. Do I think Detroit's beatable? Absolutely - there are some definite weaknesses there that you can exploit, but bottom line is it really might actually come down to Turco versus Osgood, Lidstrom versus Zubov. (Russian always wins in my book, personally.)

Detroit's a very good team, but so is Dallas.

I know it's going to be a tight series but tonight...tonight I just need to wallow a bit and feel a little sad. Tonight was disappointing all the way around.

On a lighter note, here's some Russian-ness to make us all feel a little better:



"PC Load...what does that means?" It never gets old! Never!



And of course, the one, the only - Breezy. Does it get any better than this? Forget Giguere, fast forward to the 1:00 mark. Talking about Scrooge McDuck being rich, "it just duck" and "Darkwing Duck...he's a hero!" never fails to cheer me up.

I feel better already.

6 comments:

Cat said...

I love Breezy. Thank you for posting that - cheered me up straightaway!

...I haven't even WATCHED the game yet. I saw the last seven minutes, but the rest of the time I was at work. I don't know if I'm even going to watch it.

Caitlin said...

I don't know if I'm even going to watch it.


As a friend, Cat, I know we're devoted to hockey, but for the love of god, save yourself from this game.

I mean it. Just don't watch. Just know we lost and leave it at that. It's not worthe the time, heh.

Who doesn't love Breezy? Something's wrong with you if you don't get the Bryzgalove.

Anonymous said...

Awwww Breezy! I love when they ask him about the Ducks actual mascot, and he's all "I don't know what this is. I didn't ask for it" Heh.

Caitlin, in the new Hockey News there's a darling article about Robi. It made me think of you. Unfortunately, Sean Avery is on the cover, but the Robi feature is tres adorable.

Kirsten said...

Speaking of Russians, did you see Malkin do an interview in English? It's SUCH a howl.

Haha, my mom totally thought *I* drew all over the cover of the latest Hockey News with Sean Avery on the cover. Sadly I didn't get to take credit for that.

Caitlin said...

alix, yay for the article on Robi! That makes my heart just swell up for him. He is the greatest. :D

Kirsten, I have NOT heard that Malkin interview but now I must! So awesome!

Stupid Avery. He Roenacks everything! EVERYTHING! God, let's hope he decides to retire from his hockey career for a "glamorous" career at Vogue.

Kirsten said...

Here's Malkin's "English" interview. It's absolutely hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MQx0_YxNJg