Monday, February 18, 2008

Stars vs. Red Wings 02.17.08

Stars 1, Red Wings 0

You know, there comes a time when it feels good to throw your head back and laugh, laugh, and laugh some more...at the pure, pure schadenfreude that is beating the Red Wings. I suppose if you root for the Stars, this would be one of those times.

I suppose if your name is Marty Turco, you haven't been able to stop laughing (or celebrating) since the 17th.

I slept through part of the game since I'm overly medicated at the moment, but the 75% I saw was fairly solid. I'm fairly glad that Niklas Hagman plays for us and not some other team.

Trade deadline is rapidly approaching (we're only 8 days away from the 26th; actually, we're less than 8 days away as I write this) but I think that Red Wings game should be highly indicative to management that you don't need a blockbuster trade to help this team. In fact, perhaps only one or two minor members of this team should be traded at best. One of the trades the GMs should have in mind starts with an "N" and ends with an "-orstrom". (Sorry, Matty. You're nice, but I don't think Dallas is a good fit for you.)

The game had fairly solid play (with outstanding goaltending from Turco) minus some bobbles in the first. They need all the points they can get as the Pacific Division is fairly tight and then some, so we'll see how the next week shapes up.

No comments: