Thursday, March 27, 2008

Words Fail Me

I have not much to say about this loss, Stars. Sure, we got a point, but you're not going to make it to the playoffs, much less a first round exit if you keep these shenanigans up.

So I'm going to hand out awards tonight. We're kicking it old-school, like we did in middle school when you got those glittery, macaroni encrusted paper plate awards.

First up, BRENDEN MORROW:

Good job, Brenden! A solid game and your 30th goal isn't bad at all. Congratulations, Mr. Morrow, you rock.


Matty Norstrom, please come to Russian Watch '08 headquarters to pick up your award. I saw that, Matty, I saw you nearly tip that puck past Turco even though you tried to hide from me by getting into some shoving match with some Shark player. You had a big hit, Matty, but you pushed me dangerously close to turning off the television period.


Here's one for me.

I don't think it's entirely fair to watch you guys blow a great season over whatever's going on behind the scenes. I don't pretend to know your ins and outs and I have no clue what's going on in your heads but I do know that I'm very worn out on sacrificing my time to watch these kinds of games.

I don't think that as a fan I should feel obligated to give you time out of my day if you can't at least show up to play. "Believe" is your team motto for the playoffs. Right now, the only thing I believe is that even if you're going to land in the playoffs, you're not earning much and team play does anything but indicate you deserve to go to the playoffs.

There's still time to turn it around, but the question is, can you turn it around?

Jen's trying to be positive, so I will be too: Russian is coming back soon, we readded Boucher to the lineup, and we got a point. Right now, I'm kind of way too excited for Russian to come back (can you tell?!) but Russian playing keeps me from being 100% exasperated, really.

3 comments:

Cat said...

I think I still have my glittery paper plate award from the 8th grade band banquet. No lie. Something about being the cat's pajamas.

I'm trying so, so hard to be positive about this, but it's really hard when they lose games this way. Like, REALLY hard. :(

Caitlin said...

I think I still have my glittery paper plate award from the 8th grade band banquet. No lie. Something about being the cat's pajamas.


Yeah! I don't have mine but I remember it. That was the year I got voted the Most Metal-y Mouth or something like that. I was decidedly not amused by it.

Cat said...

Dude, that is WAY not amusing!! Also, were those things given out by votes? Because really, I don't think anyone our age knew the phrase "cat's pajamas".

The thing I remember most about the 8th grade banquet was the restaurant. I can like, picture it in my mind.