Sunday, April 13, 2008

Around The Playoffs

Jen over at The Shootout does a far better, much more coherent job of keeping track of the playoff numbers than I do; no, I haven't been hitting the NyQuil especially hard recently, why do you ask?

I'm watching the Caps pretty much blow chunks right now, which is always...not fun. They beat the Flyers last night but with little over half of the second period left in this game, they just look...bad.

Montreal beat the Bruins last night in overtime. Due to my little guidelines, I'm rooting for the Habs, so that's exciting. Not as exciting as this picture, though:


Okay, I really have no effing clue what Hamrlik and that...other Habs dude are doing, but that Habs fan in the upper right? Classic! Awesome! Dude, it's like he's flying out of his seat.

Given the level of Habs mania up in Montreal, I wonder what the dude had to do to get glass seats up there.


A closer look? It's like Prince William on Habs-crack, y'all. I seriously have no idea why this made me laugh so hard, but it did. (Perhaps, also, the fact that he's rockin' a dress shirt under his Habs shirt. Hee.)

In other news, the Sharks and Flames are tied up, 1-1 in the series.

Wild/Avs are tied up, 1-1.

Rangers lead the Devils series, 2-0.

Detroit, unfortunately, leads the series against Nashville, 2-0.

Devils/Rangers and Sharks/Flames are on TV tonight, so tune in for some...exciting hockey?

Also, the magnificent Jen landed us tickets for Game 3, because she's a badass, so we'll be at the game on Tuesday, wearin' black. You know.

And now, your moment of Sven: Ilya Bryzgalov, making Caitlin happy:



CAN YOU IMAGINE? WHY YOU HEFF BE MAD?

Never fails to make me smile. Thanks, Ilya. Somehow, someway, even though you've played for Anaheim and Phoenix, I still like ya.

5 comments:

Caitlin said...

I love Bryz, he's so fucking funny.

I think part of what makes Bryz great is how perpetually earnest the dude is. And how nice! He's so awesome.

He probably had to kill someone for those on the glass seats. At minimum he had to give up one nut.


Ouch! Either that, or some nice bribery or extortion. Sheesh. I just read an article about all the Habs fans that overtook Boston's arena for Game 3 and good Lord, those fans are dedicated!

Cat said...

Aww BREEZY! <333333

Caitlin said...

Aww BREEZY! <333333



Darkwing Duck! He HERO! :D

Kirsten said...

It doesn't hurt that his English is great. He reminds of Alex Polakev, the kid we called Russin in my highschool. He is JUST LIKE BRYZ.

I love Habs fans and their dedication. I'm thinking of heading up there after school lets out to watch some games.

Caitlin said...

I love Habs fans and their dedication.

It definitely is cool to watch. We get it down here, too...just for football. :p

He reminds of Alex Polakev, the kid we called Russin in my highschool. He is JUST LIKE BRYZ.

Ugh, envious! We got a Norwegian kid and a German kid in high school for exchanges. Why couldn't we have gotten a Russian! (Ha, he was just like Bryz? I would've followed the kid around with a video camera.)