Monday, April 21, 2008

A Letter to Robi

Dear Monsieur Robidas,

Bless you, broken nose and all; I don't care how many people say you've done an "adequate" job on the blueline with Russian being out. You did a stellar job before and you're doing stupendously now. I feel like I should even have some of those crackheaded scratch and sniff "You're A-MAZ-ING!" type stickers your teachers used to stick on moderately well-done schoolwork.

Robi, this made humiliating myself that one day totally worth it.

You've been extraordinarily kind to the fans, great to the team and an all around solid player.

It's nice to have you here. I'm sorry that weirdo Chris Simpson insulted you on national TV, but we like ya, Robi, and we know what you're made of.

Thanks a million,

Caitlin

___________________________

It's such a nice feeling to be out of the first round.

If the Sharks beat Calgary, it'll be a Stars/Sharks second round series. Groan, groan, groan. Operation: Ignore Jeremy Roenick has been going so well, too.

Stupid Roenick.

5 comments:

Cat said...

Roenick did the stupidest and most hilarious thing on the bench during the Flames/Sharks game tonight. He picked up a water bottle to take a drink out of it, held it to his mouth, and squeezed. Not so funny, until he realized that the spout-y end? Was not at his mouth. It was, in a word, awesome.

Cat said...

I found a video of the Roenick thing!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQV6n8plBAU

I so favorited it.

Kirsten said...

Robidas looks like such a badass. I really seem to have a thing for French Canadians, even ones not named Vincent Lecavalier.

You really need to check out the video Cat posted the link to. Roenick looks like the biggest dumbass ever.

Caitlin said...

Cat ---

Woo! I love that video!! Made my day!

Kirsten,

I seem to have a thing for French-Canadians too! Man, I need to go to Montreal; put all those years of French study to good use.

Patty (in Dallas) said...

Oh my gosh, that video is hilarious!!!