Thursday, April 3, 2008

Game Day: Stars at Coyotes 04/03/08

Ribeiro and Richards are out tonight; Holmqvist is in net. I need a good nickname for Holmqvist; I have no idea what kind of goofy nickname to give him.

I actually have a lot of faith in Holmqvist; you never know, he could surprise us!

I'm determined to remain positive about the game against the Coyotes this evening. They can pull it out; they just have to try.

Everyone is reporting that Russian had a procedure done "overseas" to aid in his recovery. Overseas? What the hell does that mean? Are we referring to Russian's Siberian bunker as "overseas"? Did the man go to Moscow for a little R&R?

Either way, I hope it helps and that he's holding up alright, poor dude. Crazy, type A personality Russians tend to not hold up well with this whole not-playing thing.

Also, I'm really worn out, so let's hope I don't fall asleep during the game tonight.

More thoughts after the game, assuming I'm still awake.

EDIT: Russian apparently went to Germany for surgery, or at least that's what Heika thinks. Patty over at Penalty Killing writes much better than I do, so check her post out. I say we take up a collection and send Russian a card and a fruit basket.

EDIT X2: I've changed the blog back to a normal color scheme. Russian's season is over, most likely, and I'm devastated about it. You don't have to know much about me to know that I love getting the opportunity to watch Sergei Zubov play hockey, and it breaks my heart that he has to watch the Stars from the sidelines, but Russian would say, "Caitlin, let's think about the team. And winning. And the Motherland," if he were here, I'm sure.

Well, I'm sure Russian would say, "What is all this about an alligator?" first, but that's besides the point. I wonder if they let the alligator on the plane to Germany with him?

The guys look like they've made a complete 180 as we head into the third period with goals scored by Happy Meals, Robi and Morrownator in the first two periods. God bless 'em all, especially little Robi, who's seriously working his little butt off.

Also, as an aside: Wayne Gretzky is slowly morphing into Barry Manilow. That grey suit just screams "A Night In Vegas With Barry: Now With Even More Copacabana!", Wayne.

EDITX3: 4-2 in favor of the Stars; Mo with the empty netter. Not perfect, but much better, and Holmqvist stunned me. Good job, kiddo.

Via Heika, I found this:

"After being operated with the “Minimal-Repair-Technique”, the patient can return home right after surgery, walk around normally and also, already lift weights up to 20 kg.

"‘Out of town' patients fly back the same evening. Businessmen/women can start to work the next day and athletes can start to train after 2 days. Footballers can play again after one week!"

Not to get anyone's hopes up...but you never know.

Congrats to everyone's teams who made it to the playoffs; if your team didn't, I genuinely am sorry. Right now it's shaping up to be the Stars versus the Ducks in the first series of the playoffs.

8 comments:

Laughs 2 Loud said...

"athletes can start to train after 2 days. Footballers can play again after one week!"

Ok, that means Russian is going to be back like 2 hours ago! Woooo!!!

"Holmqvist stunned me. Good job, kiddo."
I'm so glad Holmer got a win! I was so worried for him. YEA Holmer!

From now on Gretzky=Copacabana like Hull=Arby's!

Caitlin said...

Ok, that means Russian is going to be back like 2 hours ago! Woooo!!!


Hee! He's going to go back into time to play again!

(By the way, so good to see Blogger didn't eat your comments.)

From now on Gretzky=Copacabana like Hull=Arby's!


Seriously just choked down about half a mouthful of coffee while reading that. Can't you just see Gretzky singing, "Her name was Lola/She was a showgirl"?? I can. He can open for Siegfried & Roy in Vegas.

Laughs 2 Loud said...

"Can't you just see Gretzky singing, "Her name was Lola/She was a showgirl"?? I can."
The frightening thing is I could picture it immediately!

Anonymous said...

Where's the quote in your header from?

Caitlin said...

Where's the quote in your header from?

It was a quote from Russian after he was nominated for the Masterton trophy.

Patty (in Dallas) said...

From now on Gretzky=Copacabana like Hull=Arby's!

All this time I thought he was yelling swear words and the ref! He's really saying COPA!! COPA CABANA!!! :P

Caitlin said...

All this time I thought he was yelling swear words and the ref! He's really saying COPA!! COPA CABANA!!! :P

HEE! Yes! And he's broken hearted over Mandy. I think he needs her today. Oh, Mandy. :D

Kirsten said...

Why wasn't my surgery that easy to recover from? Damn.

Yay for Happy Meals!