Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I Still Have A Few Words In Me

Just in bullet point format about Game 3 against the Ducks.

  • The Stars should have played all three periods against the Ducks like they did the third period. I felt like some of 'em started punching their time-cards to play halfway through the second.
  • There's nothing worse, I think, than feeling a totally energized arena where 18,000 fans are excited for an awesome playoff game deflate like someone just let all the air out of a balloon. Seriously.
  • There was one guy that summed up the mood of the evening. The Jumbotron camera operators zoomed in on a guy with glass seats who was sitting with his girlfriend. Poor guy had his head in his hands and Jen thought he might have been crying. His dutiful girlfriend was rubbing his back like, "There, there, honey."
  • I never want to sit behind a Ducks fan cheering, "TOOOOODDDDD BERTUUUUZZZZIIII!! GOOO TODD!" ever again.
  • The Stars were slow, passive at times and just...lost. They looked like they needed to get a road map to get back on track.
  • Losing didn't make me sad. The fact that the guys looked like they made a complete 180 from the last game against the Ducks made me sad.
  • Brenden Morrow is awesome.
  • I heart Joel Lundqvist.
  • God bless drunk men staggering out of the arena and saying, "Whasss up, lay-deez", all alky-like. Those guys made us laugh more in five minutes than we did in two hours. Thanks, drunk dudes.

4 comments:

Cat said...

I LOVE THOSE DRUNK GUYS. When they fell down the hill? AWESOME.

While there's nothing worse than feeling a crowd deflate, there's nothing better than seeing them re-inflate. After that first Brenden goal, I thought I was going to cry.

Caitlin said...

I LOVE THOSE DRUNK GUYS. When they fell down the hill? AWESOME.


Or when one of them took a kung-fu leap over the hedges and tumbled down the hill? Heh.

"PEEEEEETE! WHERE ARE YOU, PETE?"

there's nothing better than seeing them re-inflate.

Word to that. I feel like an ungrateful malcontent right now for being upset, but god, am I tired of watching Anaheim douche it up.

Unknown said...

much love for the drunk guy laying on the grass.

and his friends leaving him.

Caitlin said...

much love for the drunk guy laying on the grass.

and his friends leaving him


Heh. Drunk guy and not-so-drunk friends = good times. :D