Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Grieving Prematurely

It doesn't look like the curmudgeonly Russian we all know and love will be coming back soon.

According to Heika:

I think Zubov's biggest problems are up in his girdle area. I'm not sure if that's the groin or if it's hangover from the sports hernia surgery he had in the summer, but it's a definite problem.

First of all, Mike, let's never use "Zubov" and "girdle" in the same sentence ever again. EVER. Oh, god, that sounds so wrong.

He's got foot issues and groin issues -- still -- and he probably won't be back this week. It looks like another delay.

He's already missed 30+ games! It's so weird to see the Stars skate still without him.

Heather did this over at Top Shelf, but I'm stealing her idea and setting the blog in black over my grief. (Heather, let me know if that's a problem, yo.) I probably wouldn't be all discombobulated over this normally, but I've had a fairly trying week so far.

I just want Russian back! Is that so much to ask?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go put on The Hunt For Red October and curl up in bed. (Shut up, it's a good movie! With Russians! Okay, fake Russians!)

No comments: